Regatta London Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and any legislation that amends or replaces those laws in England and Wales (the “Data Protection Laws”), the data controller is Regatta London Limited whose registered office is at Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane, London SE1 2QG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage with us or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our workers.
The personal information that we may process includes:
- Contact information such as Contact details such as your name, home/work addresses, email address, landline/mobile phone or fax numbers, next of kin details.
“Special categories of information” such as information about your health, including any medical condition.
- Financial information, such as payment related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically, IP addresses and cookies
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending events, including access requirements
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us or we may collect for the purposes of keeping
Registering to receive updates
We release updates on Regatta London events and related matters from time to time. You may register to receive these updates directly by email or when in contact with us. By providing your contact details, including your email address, you are expressly consenting to receiving these updates. You can opt-out of receiving updates at any time by emailing the “Unsubscribe” email address provided in our emails, or you can opt-out of receiving updates at any time by contacting email@example.com
We will collect and process personal information about you in relation to your application of interest to participate in Regatta London Events and any application you make to participate in Regatta London events.
We will only process and use special categories or personal information in order to cater for your needs and to meet any other legal or regulatory obligations we may have. We may share your information with other service providers involved in organising or hosting the relevant event.
Use of Regatta London website
We may make interactive features available on our website to allow you to engage with Regatta London. For these features to work, you may be required to provide certain information, including your post code or geolocation.
Visiting our website
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We will use this information to improve the content of our website, to customise our website to your preferences and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Cookies are small files which are stored on your computer. They are designed to be specific to you and our website and can be accessed either by the web server or your computer. This allows the server to deliver pages tailored to you, or the web pages themselves can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie(s) and so are able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related website) to the next.
- track visitor behaviour, including how visitors arrive on our website
- manage and measure website performance
- distinguish between visitors, and their sessions
- provide you with relevant and bespoke targeted messaging and advertising
These cookies stored on your browser may remain active for up to 2 years. You can block Google Analytics cookies from your browser at any time by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Clearing your cookies will remove any stored information from these platforms.
- administer our website and carry out internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- report aggregate information
- keep our website safe and secure
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them including, Limelight Sport Limited and IT service providers to Regatta London. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to process your application for employment or compensation, to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
If in the future we re-organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new Regatta London entities or to third parties through which the business of Regatta London will be carried out.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
However, while we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted via an internet or similar connection. It is important that all details of any username, password and/or other identification information created to access our servers are kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone.
Where we store your personal information
We will not transfer personal data relating to you to a country which is outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless:
- the country or recipient is covered by an adequacy decision of the Commission under GDPR Article 45;
- appropriate safeguards have been put in place which meet the requirements of GDPR Article 46 (for example using the European Commission’s Standard Model Clauses for transfers of personal data outside the EEA); or
- one of the derogations for specific situations under GDPR Article 49 is applicable to the transfer. These include (in summary):
o the transfer is necessary to perform, or to form, a contract to which we are a party:
o with you; or
o with a third party where the contract is in your interests;
o the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
o you have provided your explicit consent to the transfer; or
o the transfer is of a limited nature and is necessary for the purpose of our compelling legitimate interests.
By providing your personal information to us, you acknowledge that we collect, use, transfer and store your personal information as described in this policy.
How long we keep your information
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our data retention policy which categorises all of the information held by Regatta London and specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of data. The periods are based on the requirements of applicable Data Protection Laws.
We collect your information from you through the website or when you contact us or request information from us and also through the course of business we may have with you. We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into legal and regulatory compliance requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Regatta London’s business purposes.
The Data Protection Laws provide certain rights for data subjects. You may be entitled to request access to information we hold about you, or to request that your information is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate information we hold in relation to you is rectified. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data and, in some circumstances, you may have the right to receive the information we hold about you in a machine-readable format.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Regatta London, C/O Limelight Sports, We Work Southbank Central, 30 Stamford Street, London SE1 9LQ. All requests received will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Laws and our legal obligations. Please include “Personal Data Request” in your subject heading to ensure it receives the correct attention.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Regatta London’s processing of your personal data with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this policy. Also, even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
Third party websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.